Provided the FMC Office received your cancellation request by 5pm the day prior to the originally scheduled day, the lesson may be eligible for a reschedule.
Lesson Reschedule Eligibility
The number of lessons eligible to be rescheduled depends on your scheduling plan.
- Monthly students: Up to one lesson missed due to a student cancellation may be rescheduled each month, provided advance notice was given.
- Semester students: Up to two lessons missed due to student cancellations may be rescheduled per semester, provided sufficient notice was given.
- Ad Hoc lessons: Each individual lesson can be canceled and rescheduled by the student one time, provided sufficient notice was given.
Lesson Reschedule Expiration
Lessons that are eligible to be rescheduled must be made up within a set timeframe.
- Monthly students: Lessons eligible for a reschedule or make up will expire 60 days after the originally scheduled lesson date.
- Semester students: Lessons eligible for a reschedule or make up will expire 60 days after the end of the semester.
- Ad Hoc students: Lessons eligible for a reschedule or make up will expire 30 days after the originally scheduled lesson date.
Can’t find a time to reschedule? No problem! Click for more information about our rollover lessons.
Additional reschedule reminders:
- Lessons must be canceled through the FMC Office! Notifying your teacher of a cancelation is not considered sufficient notice.
- Your teacher can help you find a new lesson day and time if you need to reschedule. The office will confirm the new date and change the master calendar.
- “Make up” and “Reschedule” are terms used interchangeably and both mean to find a new day and time for a previously scheduled lesson.
- We understand, and are sympathetic to, last minute cancelations that arise due to illness or unforeseen events. However, we cannot make exceptions to our policies out of respect to our teachers’ time and livelihood.
Check Out our cancellations page for more info. on what to do if you need to cancel a lesson.